- Virtual mindfulness sessions for Cheshire officers and staff
Cheshire Police and Crime Commissioner David Keane has commissioned virtual mindfulness sessions for all Cheshire officers and staff.
- British Transport Police starts search for new Chief Constable
British Transport Police Authority (BTPA) and the Department for Transport (DfT) today launched their search for a new Chief Constable to replace Paul Crowther.
- College extends online promotion exams to end of year
The next round of promotion exams will be online, the College of Policing has confirmed.
- Sussex promotes Deputy Chief Constable to new Chief
Sussex has promoted its Deputy Chief Constable to lead the force. Jo Shiner is the preferred candidate to take over from Giles York as Chief Constable.
- Skills for Justice asks first responders to take part in virus response survey
Research designed to collect good practice examples of response to COVID-19 after public sector forced to adapt to pandemic ?at pace?
- College of Policing to confirm online exam dates by mid-June
The College of Policing has moved to end uncertainty for officers taking promotion exams in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis.
- More companies sign up to employee Specials programme
Twenty six businesses and organisations sign up to Employee Supported Policing programme
- Next stage in pay talks set for July
An indication on next year?s pay deal will be announced by next month according to the pay review body.
- Specials clock up nearly 11,000 hours in a month
Special Constables put in nearly 11,000 hours last month to help tackle the COVID-19 crisis.
- Ten years at the top
Gary Mason talks to Simon Cole, the UK?s longest serving chief constable
- West Midlands PCC commits to recruiting 1,000 BAME officers
West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson has committed to ensuring the force recruits 1,000 new BAME officers over the next three years.
- Seven-force partnership policing degree deal with Anglia Ruskin
Seven forces have joined up with a top-50 university to deliver the new policing degree. Anglia Ruskin University will deliver the PEQF across the South East.
- College of Policing announces new training package for Specials
The College of Policing has announced new training for Special Constables which will now be more closely aligned to Police Constable training to "support the recruitment drive".
- Police degrees: a 'rear mirror' review of costs and abstraction rates
The College of Policing has produced a report on the early implementation of the Police Education Qualification Framework (PEQF) which indicates officer abstraction rates are as predicted by critics.
- West Midlands Specials to get ?one off? payment for pandemic work
PCC David Jamieson pledges ?extraordinary payment? for extra hours worked during lockdown
- Federation votes for £2 per month subscription increase
The first rise in Federation subs for nearly a decade will start from the autumn. A virtual meeting of delegates backed the £2 a month increase from September.
- Lincolnshire Chief Constable Bill Skelly to retire in December
Officer wellbeing champion and fierce opponent of police degree system to leave service after 31 years.
- October 2020 (9)
- September 2020 (15)
- August 2020 (16)
- July 2020 (16)
- June 2020 (18)
- May 2020 (22)
- April 2020 (18)
- March 2020 (23)
- February 2020 (20)
- January 2020 (4)
- December 2019 (5)
- November 2019 (6)
- October 2019 (5)
- September 2019 (6)
- August 2019 (8)
- July 2019 (6)
- June 2019 (8)
- May 2019 (8)
- April 2019 (8)
- March 2019 (10)
- February 2019 (9)
- January 2019 (9)
- December 2018 (9)
- November 2018 (12)
- October 2018 (8)
- September 2018 (7)
- August 2018 (11)
- July 2018 (7)
- June 2018 (9)
- May 2018 (9)
- April 2018 (12)
- March 2018 (10)
- February 2018 (8)
- January 2018 (5)
- December 2017 (6)
- November 2017 (4)
- October 2017 (3)
- September 2017 (10)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (5)
- June 2017 (6)
- May 2017 (6)
- April 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (3)
- November 2016 (4)
- October 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (4)
- August 2016 (4)
- July 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (5)
- May 2016 (3)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (3)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (3)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (3)
- September 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (11)
- June 2015 (1)