- Staffordshire recruit first wave through degree holder programme
A total of 46 new student officers have joined Staffordshire Police via the Degree Holder Entry Programme.
- Specials recruitment drive looks to reverse steep decline
Police Scotland has begun a recruitment drive to turn around a 60% fall in the number of Special Constables.
- New permanent deputy chief constable appointed for PSNI
The Police Service of Northern Ireland has chosen a new Deputy Chief Constable but one of the candidates is set to appeal the decision.
- New tradition at Cambridgeshire's passing out parade
A number of the force's new recruits received the old collar number of a retired officer in person at yesterday's ceremony in Huntingdon.
- Cleveland chief constable has contract extended by three years
Outgoing Police and Crime Commissioner says poorly rated force needs long term leadership stability
- New commercial body to pool procurement power of 999 services
Blue Light Commercial to be led by £150K CEO who will have ?a virtual team? of 45 commercial managers
- The background to the pay demand
The 20 recommendations in the joint Police Federation and Police Superintendents? Association pay bid to the Police Remuneration and Review Body are revealed here.
- New fast-track police degree for Nottinghamshire
Nottinghamshire Police has created a programme with Derby University and the College of Policing that will see new recruits becoming 'cop ready' within two years.
- The career detective
DS James M, from Hertfordshire Constabulary, speaks to Police Revision about his career path and provides valuable insight for others who may be considering promotion and detective work. We met James at the end of his early turn shift in a café near his office just after he and his team had dealt with a high-value three handed dwelling burglary.
- Wiltshire beefs up IT support in wake of post-Novichok cyber attacks
Wiltshire Police is to move all of its ICT support services in-house in a security upgrade following the Novichok attack in Salisbury.
- Gwent Police commence training of police staff investigators
First ever PSIs recruited by force will be trained to DC standard and have investigatory role but no power of arrest
- Kent to make £9m budget savings
Kent Police is to cut the wages of new senior officers as part of plans to cut £9m from the budget.
- Assistant Commissioner Simmons to retire from the Met
The race has begun to succeed the Met?s Assistant Commissioner for Frontline Policing who has revealed he is retiring.
- West Midlands PCC Jamieson extends CC Thompson's contract
West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner, David Jamieson, has extended Chief Constable Dave Thompson's contract by two years.
- Transferring officers attracted by Merseyside's PEEL ratings
Positive inspection reports are enabling Merseyside to recruit 500 new officers ? and save on recruitment fees.
- Merseyside ACC and terrorism lead moves to Civil Nuclear Constabulary
A highly respected counter terrorism lead has joined the Civil Nuclear Constabulary as its new Assistant Chief Constable.
- PSNI gets delayed 2.5% pay deal
Officers in Northern Ireland have been awarded a backdated 2.5% pay increase which had been left unsigned due to a lack of a minister.
- BTP makes bid for Home Office funding due to mainstream role
The British Transport Police (BTP) has asked the Home Secretary for a share of the funding for the 20,000 uplift.
- Commissioner backs new legislative framework on artificial intelligence
Met looking to use AI in recruitment processes and to help officer decision-making
- Service needs 5,000 officers with analytical skills to tackle fraud
Economic crime lead calls for ?re-balancing? of skills in 20,000 uplift to attract officers who think like intelligence analysts
- October 2021 (2)
- September 2021 (10)
- August 2021 (9)
- July 2021 (12)
- June 2021 (4)
- May 2021 (11)
- April 2021 (14)
- March 2021 (14)
- February 2021 (19)
- January 2021 (18)
- December 2020 (6)
- November 2020 (12)
- October 2020 (14)
- September 2020 (15)
- August 2020 (16)
- July 2020 (16)
- June 2020 (18)
- May 2020 (22)
- April 2020 (18)
- March 2020 (23)
- February 2020 (20)
- January 2020 (4)
- December 2019 (5)
- November 2019 (6)
- October 2019 (5)
- September 2019 (6)
- August 2019 (8)
- July 2019 (6)
- June 2019 (8)
- May 2019 (8)
- April 2019 (8)
- March 2019 (10)
- February 2019 (9)
- January 2019 (9)
- December 2018 (9)
- November 2018 (12)
- October 2018 (8)
- September 2018 (7)
- August 2018 (11)
- July 2018 (7)
- June 2018 (9)
- May 2018 (9)
- April 2018 (12)
- March 2018 (10)
- February 2018 (8)
- January 2018 (5)
- December 2017 (6)
- November 2017 (4)
- October 2017 (3)
- September 2017 (10)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (5)
- June 2017 (6)
- May 2017 (6)
- April 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (3)
- November 2016 (4)
- October 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (4)
- August 2016 (4)
- July 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (5)
- May 2016 (3)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (3)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (3)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (3)
- September 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (11)
- June 2015 (1)