- Dorset recruits equality champion as new assistant chief constable
One of the country?s leading equality officers has been appointed as an Assistant Chief Constable by Dorset Police. Sam de Reya will lead operations for the force.
- New recruit training will go on despite training centre closures
Plans to recruit 20,000 new officers and their funding are secure, police leaders have confirmed.
- Derbyshire's Chief Constable announces retirement
Derbyshire Constabulary?s Chief Constable Peter Goodman has announced he will retire at the end of July.
- Interview: The county line man
As Assistant Commissioner in charge of operations at the Met, Nick Ephgrave has one of the biggest jobs in policing. He speaks to Police Oracle about trying out new ideas and the regular flow of senior officer traffic between Surrey and other forces.
- Retention of experienced officers is a priority, Home Office says
Home Office claims the rate of those leaving voluntarily before the normal retirement age is now 2%
- College of Policing appoints diversity expert to its board
One of the country?s leading psychologists is joining the College of Policing to advise on diversity.
- Promotion exams go online as some forces confirm sergeants early
Promotion assessments are going ahead despite the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Bedfordshire appoints new Temporary Assistant Chief Constable
Bedfordshire Police appoints Sharn Basra as Temporary Assistant Chief Constable.
- New police procurement company appoints £150K CEO to drive savings
Former steel industry procurement head to prioritise savings on fleet and aviation, people and professional services
- New head of JPS for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire
Bedfordshire?s Assistant Chief Constable, Jackie Sebire, has been appointed as the head of Joint Protective Services (JPS) for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire (BCH).
- Cleveland continue to boost number of neighbourhood officers
Cleveland Police are increasing their number of neighbourhood officers on a rolling basis.
- Interview: the policing priest
Rob Findlow, a Greater Manchester Police Inspector who is also an ordained Anglican Priest, tells Police Oracle the two jobs are not as different as you might think.
- Direct entry superintendent returns to her first force as ACC
Hampshire Constabulary has appointed Maggie Blyth as their new Assistant Chief Constable - the first direct entry superintendent to be appointed to chief officer rank
- Recruitment training: what it is like doing the fitness test virtually?
Participants in Nottinghamshire Police's adapted virtual recruitment programme share their experience of taking their fitness tests remotely.
- Career detective appointed new Wiltshire assistant chief constable
Wiltshire Police has appointed Detective Superintendent Deb Smith as their new Assistant Chief Constable.
- Direct entry recruitment organisation hit by phishing attack
Police Now charity launches investigation and notification scheme involving 62,000 email addresses
- West Midlands appoints new Deputy Chief Constable
West Midlands has announced Assistant Chief Constable Vanessa Jardine as their new Deputy Chief Constable.
- Vision on: the future of training and Continuous Professional Development
Cancelled promotion exams and shortened programmes for new recruits. Right because of lockdown but not a long-term solution, says Dave Bamber the Fed?s Professional Development lead.
- Comment: what is the problem with direct entry?
You don?t have to have rolled around on the floor with strangers to be a good detective argues Dr Susanne Knabe-Nicol
- Police Scotland appoints two new ACCs from outside force
Humberside chief superintendent and PSNI temporary ACC selected as part of succession plan
- Interview: ACC Vicki Evans
Police Oracle talks to Cambridgeshire Constabulary's newly appointed Assistant Chief Constable, Vicki Evans about diversity, direct entry and opportunities for women in senior policing roles.
- Citizen?s Award sergeant says he ?could have gone down different path?
Officer who served with the Met and now Essex, presented with award for work diverting gang members