Police Constable / Senior Police Constable
An exciting opportunity has arisen with the Royal Falkland Islands Police (RFIP) for a positive and dynamic Police Constable / Senior Police Constable with recent experience to join the team. This is a fixed contract for two years and RFIP would be keen to appoint as soon as possible
The RFIP has a long and proud history of serving the Falkland Islands Community. Formed in 1846, the force in undergoing dynamic change and this is your opportunity to be part of the RFIP policing team. You will meet many challenges as a constable; dealing with a wide variety of work, ranging from cyber-crime to investigating crimes committed both on land and at sea.
With a significant military presence on the island, you will also benefit from a close working relationship with the Joint Services Police Support Unit. Each military police officer is sworn in as a Reserve Police Constable and this enables to force to work in close co-operation with our friends in the military to ensure the highest professional standards of policing are in place to ensure we serve and protect our community.
As an RFIP Police Constable you will be expected to preserve the peace and prevent all offences against the person and properties of Her Majesty’s Subjects in theFalkland Islandsby upholding the law fairly and firmly and do so with common sense, integrity and sound judgment.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a current, valid driving licence
- Have keen observational skills, an eye for details and a methodical and organised approach to work
- Recognise and report criminal offences and investigate offences as instructed by senior officers.
- Be sufficiently physically fit enough to meet the demands of the role
- Be able to cope effectively with unpleasant and distressing situations
- Be able to work both on their own initiative and as a member of a disciplined team
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess good interpersonal skills and
- Hold a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Desirable – Applications are particularly welcome from Qualified Vehicle Examiners / Collision Investigators and female applicants are actively encouraged to apply.
In return for this unique opportunity there is a salary of £20,523 (25,653.75 equivalent inc 25% gratuity) / £23,909 (29,886.25 equivalent inc 25% gratuity) per annum. Starting salary is dependent on previous experience. In addition the post also attracts other payments, such as a shift allowance of £287.23 / £334.62 per month and an on call allowance. Payment for over time worked is currently at 1.5 X standard hourly rate.
A taxable 25% gratuity of gross salary is payable upon successful completion of your 2 year contract. 30 days annual leave and a relocation package are included, along with a favourable tax regime.
For an application pack please contact Megan Middleton on +500 27421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about the job contact Sergeant Glen Smith on +500 28100 or email GSmith@police.gov.fk
Closing Date for applications: 30th April 2018.
Interviews: Location to be confirmed. Expected starting date: As soon as possible
All applications should be sent to Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ.