At A Glance
Job Reference: SQ-POJ-180226-02
Role/Type: Fixed Term/Full Time
Required Skills/Qualifications: N/A
Digital Public Contact Strategic Support Officer required in London - £45k 1-2years FTC!
We are looking for a Strategic Support Officer to provide proactive strategic support and senior leadership, and assistance to the Digital Public Contact programme lead and the team in their delivery of the overall Digital Public Contact programme objectives.
Digital Public Contact has been established to provide a simple, well known and reliable digital contact service between the Public and the Police. The experience of contacting the police through digital channels will be as helpful, personal and reassuring as approaching an officer in the street.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Background in policing or digital services with a blend of operational and strategic expertise.
- Understanding and ideally experience of working in large national transformation programmes.
- Understanding and ideally experience of a variety of project management techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to produce high quality briefings and collateral. Ability to evaluate, analyse and swiftly summarise information; numerate with a keen eye for detail and a passion for accuracy in written reports.
- Experience of producing high quality briefings and reports for senior officers and / or staff is strongly desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of managing risks and issues through to successful resolution.
- Experience of self-sufficient problem solving in a multi-agency environment.
- Track record of effective stakeholder management and collaboration.
- Ability to negotiate and influence decision making in an environment without direct authority over others.
- Ability and confidence to work and think independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to act with discretion, maintaining confidentiality where appropriate.
- Experience or understanding of risk, issue and dependency management and mitigation.
- Confident use of technology and good grasp of digital agenda.
Please submit a letter of interest to include details of how you meet the required standard of knowledge, skills and experience for the role (detailed above), to a maximum of 500 words, alongside a CV.
Please ensure that full contact details are supplied as shortlisted candidates will be contacted at short notice for interviews.
Location: based in London although UK travel will be required. A degree of flexible working is also possible
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Hours: Mon – Fri (Office hours)
This post is on a fixed term contract for a period of 12 - 24 months (with the possibility of extension).
The completed letter of interest and CV should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Police Skills is a member of the Red Snapper Group. The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a confidential service to candidates.