Criminal Justice skills are a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
Our agency is recruiting for Community Payback Managers to oversee Community Payback Projects in London, leading a team of Community Payback Supervisors and Coordinators.
We are looking for People Managers (experienced in managing and leading people) with strong project management skills, and also able to travel across each operational area.
Main Purpose of Job
To develop, manage and lead a dispersed workforce of Community Payback Supervisors and Beneficiary Supervisors across an operational area to ensure effectively resourced and managed delivery, and that excellent service is provided. To develop and manage identified portfolio leads (e.g. health and safety, logistics) in line with operational needs.
To develop and manage Community Payback placements ensuring they meet standards around quality, health and safety and business need. To develop and manage both internal and external stakeholder relationships at strategic and operational levels within the operational area to represent the interests of Community Payback and London CRC.
- Provide leadership and management to a dispersed Supervisor workforce and, where applicable, Beneficiary Supervisors
- Undertake people management responsibilities as required, including managing resources (including staff cover arrangements and directing activity to meet outcome), undertaking performance reviews and developing staff, as well as encouraging regular communication and driving high performance from all employees
- Undertake all people manager duties in respect of HR processes around attendance management, disciplinary and performance improvement
- Provide direction to Supervisors in respect of local placement activity and quality standards
- Coordinating local area team meetings for Supervisor workforce, including the provision of briefings and training on new initiatives
- Work with Operations Managers, Logistics Managers and operational colleagues to create and implement operational area plans to improve performance, respond to outcomes of audits and develop Community Payback activity using available management information.
- Monitor standards of supervision and delivery against agreed quality standards and audit framework for managing compliance and improvement against set criteria
- Visit all Community Payback projects in operational area, ensuring that quality standards, risk assessments and work schedule adhered to. This includes both directly supervised and Beneficiary supervised placements. This will also include responding to reported incidents, accidents and day to day operational issues.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of processes, including initiatives geared toward operational improvement and excellence.
- Undertake reviews and investigations, particularly relating to incidents on Community Payback sites (including Induction sites) or complaints about supervision / standards including reviewing Incident and Accident data across operational area and contribute to improvement plan to pro-actively manage H&S across Community Payback.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Prior experience of leadership and management, with a record of managing and motivating diverse teams
- Prior experience of resource deployment
- Experience in collating and analysing management data
- Experience in engaging with external stakeholders and partnerships at all levels
- Experience in use of Microsoft System tools, including the usage of databases
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively utilising different styles with a range of individuals and roles.
- Ability to set and work to clear priorities, utilising strong organisational skills to achieve them.
- Ability to initiate and drive change across their team and across a wider team and organisation
- To manage customers’ expectations realistically
- Ability to be decisive, able to prioritise readily and operate effectively under pressure.
- Excellent standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and motivate staff, including managing performance, development and holding staff to account
- Leadership skills and the ability to support and develop high performing teams
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving skills to overcome obstacles
- Ability to manage time effectively, working collectively with colleagues as well as use own initiative to meet operational outcomes.
- Take responsibility for own personal development and training.
- To model, reinforce pro-social attitudes and challenge anti-social attitudes and behaviours.
- To operate in a logical and methodical manner, paying attention to detail, combined with a flexible, pragmatic working approach.
Community Payback Managers will be allocated operational duty responsibilities on a weekly rota basis which will include early mornings and some weekends.
An enhanced DBS is required for this role, which we can process for you, if you do not have one.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay out £75 for any referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Criminal Justice Skills is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
probation jobs, probation recruitment, probation officer jobs, probation officer, offender management jobs, community payback jobs, offender rehabilitation jobs, London, greater London, south east England, Surrey.