Criminal Justice skills are a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
Our agency is recruiting for experienced Senior Probation Officers to fill the Quality and Effective Practice Lead role.
This is a strategic role within the National Probation Service (NPS). The Quality and Effective Practice Lead supports the Quality & EP Manager and/or Head of Function to provide a leading role within the unit in respect of quality and effective practice.
Location is flexible, but will involve regular travel to London and some travel to other venues in England and Wales which may require some overnight stays
Quality and Effective Practice Leads may be required to undertake any combination, or all, of the duties and responsibilities set out below.
- Provide effective leadership of projects relating to areas of probation practice including the design and co-ordination of internal quality assurance activities to demonstrate that offender managers manage risk appropriately and meet public protection standards.
- Provide specialist effective practice knowledge and understand the changing nature of effective practice in accordance with emerging research.
- Contribute to the development of Senior Probation Officers using specialist effective practice knowledge.
- Lead national effective practice projects that support a programme of continuous improvement in consultation with operational colleagues across the NPS.
- Work with divisional Performance & Quality Managers to promote best practice and practice improvement.
- Proactively support staff development through production of guidance for delivery of effective practices across the service
- Contribute to the organisation’s response to external inspections and internal audits.
- Support implementation of change in practices including working with divisions e.g. training and development
A current DBS is required for this role, which we can process for you, along with a relevant qualification
- DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent of another Probation or Social Work related qualification.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay out £75 for any referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Criminal Justice Skills is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
probation jobs, probation recruitment, probation officer jobs, probation officer, yot officer, youth offending officer, youth offending team, yot jobs, youth offending work, youth offending recruitment