Criminal Justice skills are a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
Our agency is recruiting for experienced Senior Probation Officers to take on a Knowledge Management Lead role.
The Knowledge Management lead will be responsible for ensuring the NPS works as effectively as possible, maximising systems, tools, data, research and evidence to improve practice, shared across NPS and the wider HMPPS.
Champion an insight and evidence led service development approach that delivers for the NPS as an organisation and responds to national priorities of offender need/risk. Supports NPS to become a worldwide leader in Probation Services.
Location is flexible, but will involve regular travel to London and some travel to other venues in England and Wales which may require some overnight stays.
Overview of the role:
- Lead the development of a Knowledge Management Strategy for NPS which meets the needs of central and regional divisions. Once developed, to maintain the upkeep of the strategy and manage relevant outputs and initiatives.
- To publicise and communicate Knowledge Management Framework(s) across the NPS and to relevant parties across the wider HMPPS.
- The role will include identifying and coordinating delivery to improve effectiveness in operations
- Responsible for responding, on behalf of NPS, to recommendations from the Inspectorate and Audit reports and make sure the learning form recommendations is shared across other divisions. To ensure systems are in place to track and monitor actions and recommendations, and that these systems are communicated and understood.
- Act as the national key contact point for Inspectorate and Audit. Work with Executive Director (Probation and Women) Office and CEO’s office to ensure responses to Inspectorate and Audit report recommendations are streamlined, include latest information and single version of the truth. Disseminate lessons learnt across NPS Divisions.
- Responsible for implementation of an assurance process for NPS complaint procedure. SPOC for Divisional Complaint leads to ensure learning and best practice.
- Work with HMPPS Information Assurance to implement improved ways of working to meet information assurance requirements.
- Development and maintenance of NPS Knowledge Management system (IT platform) to ensure good practice and organisational learning shared with colleagues within NPS, across HMPPS and the wider MoJ.
A current DBS is required for this role, which we can process for you, along with a relevant qualification
- DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent of another Probation or Social Work related qualification.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay out £75 for any referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Criminal Justice Skills is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
probation jobs, probation recruitment, probation officer jobs, probation officer, yot officer, youth offending officer, youth offending team, yot jobs, youth offending work, youth offending recruitment