At A Glance
Job Reference: SC-JCPTWGC1
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Role/Type: Contract/Full Time
Required Skills/Qualifications: N/A
Investigative Officer required in Welwyn Garden City for an initial 3 month contract.
The main purpose of the role is to investigate cases for the Joint Child Protection Team. This will include gathering evidence, intelligence and research. Prepare and upgrade case files and utilise designated powers to search.
- Responsible for the collection of all relevant documentation, information or data that will be required by the investigation to form an overall picture of the circumstances of the case including the application for and execution of search warrants.
- Undertake searches of premises of arrested or detained individuals and where appropriate seize and take control of items for further investigation.
- Interview suspects (alone or with colleagues) including using inferences, ensuring at all times the correct treatment of the detained individual.
- Accurately gather information, working closely and communicating with all levels of the Constabulary, other Police Forces and external organisations, analysing and interpreting data and bringing any new evidence or intelligence in the enquiry to the notice of the lead investigator
- Identify appropriate witnesses and obtain statements including the further arrest of a suspect when at a police station and using inferences ensuring at all times the correct treatment of the detained individual
- Produce written evidence and, where necessary and appropriate deliver that evidence in court
- To prepare briefing material and contribute at team briefings.
The role will suit a former Detective as investigative experience will be essential to the role.
Our client, is the territorial police force responsible for policing the ceremonial county of Bedfordshire in England, which includes the unitary authorities of Bedford, Central Bedfordshire and Luton. Its headquarters are based in Kempston, Bedfordshire.
Pay Rate: £12.49ph PAYE
Working location: Welwyn Garden City
Hours: Full time hours, there will be a shift allowance
Duration: Temporary contract up to 3 months, with the potential to be extended.
Immediate start once satisfactory vetting clearance received.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, please send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Police Skills is a member of the Red Snapper Group. The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a confidential service to candidates