Police Skills is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
Police Skills are currently recruiting for an Investigator to work on the Hillsborough Inquiry based in Warrington. To be considered you will need to have extensive experience of working within Professional Standards during your career.
- Applicants are required to have and be able to evidence good investigative skills.
- They are also required to have knowledge and experience of Police Misconduct Investigations and regulations and the Police Reform Act 2002.
- Good report writing skills in the context of Police misconduct investigations are essential.
- To examine all material within an investigation by applying the guidelines and the Code of Practice as set out in The Criminal Procedures and Investigation Act 1996 (as amended by the Criminal Justices Act 2003).
- To ascertain the relevancy of the material, its evidential value, sensitivity and ability to undermine the case or assist the defence.
For absolute impartiality, we are unfortunately unable to accept applications from individuals who have served with the following police forces - West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Midlands or Merseyside. This is due to the nature of the investigation and its historic links to the above forces.
The investigation is based in Warrington. Local candidates are preferred however expenses are payable for candidates living further afield
The Red Snapper Group has a 'Refer a Friend' scheme - If you recommend a friend which we then place into these roles, we send you £75 as a Thank you! Please click the ‘Refer a Friend’ icon to submit your friend’s details.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Police Skills is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.