RSMS is a leading provider of business process outsource services to the public safety sector.
We are deploying a team of community wardens across the county of Staffordshire.
The purpose of the role is to provide a uniformed presence to deter and reduce anti social behaviour (ASB), deter and reduce other neighbourhood crimes, increase community confidence and reduce levels of fear. You work to resolve issues directly or indirectly, through utilising/ calling on other RSMS or partner resources.
The mission of the scheme is to reduce ASB and make a positive difference to our community. We invite applications who want to make a difference through changing people’s lives by creating a positive and inclusive environment, acting as a role model to lead by example, provide a one to one early engagement and providing a range of interventions techniques.
You will work five days a week, eight hours per day.
You will be required to commit to a varied shift pattern which will include weekend and evening work.
- Provide a highly visible presence/capable guardianship via patrols in specific locations at agreed times. You will patrol as a team of two in one of five designated areas.
- Engage in multi-agency problem solving the ASB in hot-spots as appropriate;
- Utilise the full range of tools and powers available to address and prevent future ASB;
- Work in close liaison with the Specialist Diversionary Workers to ensure a rounded approach to ASB; enforcement coupled with support as appropriate;
- Provide a reassuring presence, particularly for more vulnerable people including the elderly, young people and women;
- Actively engage with the public, businesses and other organisations to understand their concerns, gather intelligence and provide feedback;
- Raise awareness of the need to report and the process for reporting ASB;
- Provide professional witness capability via staff;
- Ensure information, intelligence and reports outside the scope of the service are referred to the police or other relevant agency
Uniform and Equipment
- You will be issued with a full uniform and identification badge
- You will be provided with radios, body worn video technology (for Community Wardens) and personal protection equipment.
- You will receive full training in line accredited law enforcement standards.
- You will be required to undergo law enforcement sector security vetting.
To be considered you will need to offer
- A level 3 qualification (A levels | Higher education diploma | Advanced apprenticeship)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstratable ability to interact with community members, partner agencies and other stakeholders.
- Experience in roles that involve effective communication such as customer service or other public facing roles.
It is highly desirable if you offer
- A public safety, security or professional background in roles which requires the management of conflict and conflict de escalation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community. All applications will be considered on the basis of objective criteria, such as qualifications, experience and ability to do the job.