Babcock has been selected as the Metropolitan Police Service’s (Met Police) learning partner, working with a consortium of four London-based universities – Anglia Ruskin University, Brunel University London, University of East London and University of West London – to support the UK’s largest police service with the training of its new officer recruits from 2021.
The partnership with the Met Police will last until at least 2028, with a possibility to extend for a further two years, and is set at a maximum contract value of £309 million, dependent on the number of recruits trained under the programme.
Due to this exciting contract win, we are now looking to recruit a number of Police Lecturers to delivery highly engaging, evidence based lecturers and assessments to the new generation of police recruits. This will be rewarding position that will give you the opportunity to use your experience in order to guide and mentor learners on their journey to becoming fully fledged officers.
You’ll be part of a business that support over 14,000 apprentices, we’ll provide you with all the training that you need to become a fully qualified Lecturer. During your training process we will provide in-depth practical support from experts in this field as well as funding you through qualifications and supporting you with becoming a fellow of the Higher Educational Institute.
As well as working on some of the most high-profile projects in the UK we also offer a collaborative working environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to be able to do the role?
You will need to hold a level 6 qualification whilst also having had operational experience in policing and a comprehensive understanding of challenges and issues, gained either through previous operational or academic experience.
We would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
• Excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
• Be a confident speaker, with experience of delivering sessions to groups of people whether that be operational or training agendas.
• Ideally not have left a policing role more than 5 years ago, however we will consider candidates depending on experience since leaving.
What else do I need to know?
• Successful applicants will need enhanced DBS through the Disclosure and Barring Service and relevant security clearance, however this will be provided during on boarding.
• These roles are on a permanent basis.
• We will be recruiting for these roles over the next year with monthly intakes.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience then we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch with either Jed Williams (email@example.com) or Simon James (firstname.lastname@example.org) who are leading the recruitment for this programme.
We are committed to embracing the advantages people with different experiences, skills and outlooks can bring to our teams. We encourage a diverse and inclusive employee base where each person feels respected and able to fulfil their potential.