Investigator - Hampshire Major Crime CCTV Project
Red Snapper Managed Services (RSMS) is delivering a dedicated CCTV Investigations team to support Major Crime across Hampshire. This is a ground-breaking project and the first of its kind; we are searching for amazing people to join our team!
A bit about us:
RSMS is a market leader in providing professional investigation support services to authorities working within the criminal investigation, enforcement, criminal justice and offender management sectors.
The team will support with fast-time CCTV recovery and viewing through namely CCTV from commercial and residential properties on behalf of the major crime department.
The dedicated team will consist of a CCTV Supervisor and six (6) CCTV Investigators.
Start Date: 14th June (pending vetting)
Project Length: 12-month proof of concept project. We will be conducting a cost benefit analysis (CBA) throughout the project term showing the benefits of the high-quality service we have provided the force, and we are very hopeful this will turn into a long-term deployment.
Training: W/C 5th June (4 Days training London and at home e-learning)
Everyone will undergo a new BTEC accredited specialist training programme prior to deployment, and will receive their BTEC certificate at the end of the project.
This training will include how to conduct CCTV hardware swap-outs and how to use specialist CCTV investigative equipment.
Pay Rate: £29,100
Hours/Shifts: 40-hour working per week across five (5) days, Monday to Friday (0800 – 1600 / 0900 - 1700), with one weekend expected to work in every three weeks - flexibility it important.
Interviews: Interviews on 15th of May 2021
What we're looking for in an Investigator:
• Police background with experience in major investigations.
• Experience in CCTV recovery (Not essential can be trained)
• Ability to work under the minimum of supervision.
• To have good communication skills
• To work as part of a small dynamic team and the ability to work on their own.
• To have flexibility in their working pattern with the ability to change their working hours at short notice.
• To have a knowledge of CPIA and PACE (E-Learning packages given to support)
• Act as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the seizure of CCTV product on all major investigation team operations.
• Plan covert/overt CCTV recovery for pre and post incident activity in line with Senior Investigating Officers (SIO) guidelines.
• Recover CCTV product in an organised, economical and methodical way whilst maintaining integrity and providing an audit trail for disclosure purposes.
• To view CCTV as required by the investigation team, either dynamically at the scene or in the Police office.
• Obtain and collate witness statements of production and continuity.
• Be responsible for the submission of CCTV product with the relevant information to Hampshire Police
• Staff engaged in CCTV trawl/recovery phase need to be proactive in their work, the effectiveness of the CCTV lines of enquiry depend on a professional and methodical approach.
Optional development part of the role:
• Develop relationships with major CCTV partners e.g. Airports, rail stations, local councils in anticipation of future investigations
Our Benefits and Perks:
As part of Red Snapper Managed Services, you will have access to our company wide benefits including free access to Police Oracle and CPD through e-learning.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
RSMS is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.