RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Information Assurance Researchers to be based in the NN4 area of Northamptonshire with some home working.
This is a temporary contract position for 6 months, and the pay rate for this role is £10.95 per hour PAYE.
Your role will be to carry out research and if appropriate make disclosures in respect of information requests received by the client’s Information Unit.
- Carry out research in response to requests for Data Protection subject access requests
- Support colleagues with regards to other requests made in relation to Freedom of Information, Information Sharing and Disclosure, CAFCASS, Insurance, Court Orders and Notifiable Occupations and give due regard to Human Rights
- Carry out research for the process of review retention and disposal of records of police information in line with the guidance on MoPI (Management of Police Information), legislation and NPCC (National Police Chiefs' Council) guidelines
- Act as an internal contact to other departments internally
- Effectively communicate with partner agencies, members of the public and any other bodies as required
- Input all accurate and relevant data onto the appropriate database to include Niche and Cyclops
- Identify duplicate and/or inaccurate records during research and pass to the Information Unit Manager to rectify
- Review information in compliance with the Record Review, Retention and Disposal process
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act including the General Data Protection Regulations, Information Sharing & Disclosure, Children Act, Computer Misuse Act, Human Rights Act, Crime and Disorder Act, PACE and the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
- Proven analytical skills and ability to make reasoned decisions around sensitive issues
- Ability to present information in an accurate format
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work and be flexible/adaptable to change
- Ability to manage a high level and work and manage deadlines
- PNC and Niche trained or able to pass all relevant courses
- Experience of working in a highly confidential environment and of dealing discreetly with sensitive and often complicated people issues
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply complex legislation
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills within Microsoft applications
This role will be subject to vetting.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within 7 working days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.