Investigation Assistant - Hampshire Constabulary
Red Snapper Recruitment are launching a number of Police Staff roles across Hampshire from the 11th January 2021.
The roles can last from a few weeks through to 6 months or longer.
Apply HERE to register your interest. If you fit the requirements we will be in contact with more information.
We welcome applications from individuals with recent & non-recent experience. To be considered, you will be assessed and if successful you will receive further training.
Red Snapper Recruitment have an extensive set of services and benefits and as part of our commitment to agency workers with them receiving training and on-going development whilst in post.
- Assist in investigations by undertaking a wide range of tasks under the direction of supervisor/police officer.
- Assisting in the interviewing of suspects.
- Assisting in the completion of criminal files of evidence by undertaking allocated tasks.
- Provide assistance to the investigation by obtaining statements of evidence for criminal investigation.
- Assist in the examination, preservation and continuity of evidence and exhibits such as CCTV recovered during an investigation in accordance with procedure.
- Submitting accurate reports into the force intelligence systems.
- Liaise with a range of agencies in relation to the gathering of evidence.
- Ensure material is identified and recorded in accordance with CPIA.
- To discuss cases with supervisors and provide information to assist in disposal decisions.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate recent experience in a role requiring the use of investigation skills.
- Knowledge of legislation including Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act (CPIA)
- Previous experience of working within a high pressured environment with high workloads.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- To be computer literate and able to demonstrate a methodical approach to work.
- To have experience in the production of accurate reports or documents with attention to detail.
- Must have the ability and be willing to travel within the client’s area to carry out activities associated with the role
Induction and Training:
Refresher training provided
Portsmouth, Southampton, Basingstoke and Hampshire
TBC (more information to follow)
Suitable and selected applicants will be required to pass police clearance to Non-Police Personnel Vetting (NPPV 2 or higher). This clearance takes approximately two weeks to process. Applicants will need to declare their previous criminal record which may or may not effect your application.
Project Start Date:
From the 11th January 2021
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer him or her. We have a referral bonus scheme and will reward you, with retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Red Snapper Recruitment is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.