Come to Wiltshire. Everything you are looking for and more
Small is beautiful. One of the smallest, and oldest, county police forces, we pride ourselves on looking after our people; our wellness culture is central to everything we do and our passion is to deliver outstanding service to the public.
Wiltshire is a beautiful, large county, from the sweeping Salisbury Plain, to the big vibrant communities of Swindon, Trowbridge, Chippenham and Melksham and picturesque market towns and villages in between. It’s a wonderful place to live and work.
If you’re looking for a smaller family friendly force where you can achieve a good work-life balance, look no further.
Lead. Investigate. Protect
Joining us as a Detective Constable gives you choice and flexibility. We have roles in PPD and CID and will do our best to place you in your chosen role and location. We can offer full and part time positions – all requests for flexible working will be considered and are dependent on the role.
Your caseloads will be varied, but manageable, so that you can focus on getting the right outcomes for victims of crime. From investigating serious and complex crime, dealing with high profile cases and going the extra mile to help some of the most vulnerable people in our society, you will be an expert in crime investigation and enjoy working in close-knit teams where you can make a real difference. You will take responsibility for the whole investigation process, from initial report stage, planning the investigation strategy, to court hearing and beyond.
- Specialist training and support continuous professional department
- Career development and opportunities to specialise
- All officers have laptops and smartphones so they can work remotely
- We celebrate diversity in our teams and consider flexible working patterns
- We deal with serious and complex investigations – it’s interesting and challenging work!
- We work in partnership with other agencies, including MCIT, ROCU and NCA, to tackle crime.
- We offer a unique opportunity to bring the most dangerous offenders to justice.
Get in touch
We’re accepting applications for experienced DCs to join us from Spring 2021 onwards.
Head of CID Detective Superintendent Chris Hanson is very happy to talk to any prospective transferees, so please drop him an email at Chris.email@example.com or call him on 07747 777859.
DCI Helen Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org) and DS Phillippa Sharpley (email@example.com) are leading the recruitment campaign and also available for an informal chat about working for Wiltshire, so please do get in touch.
How to apply
Please download the application form at https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/DetectiveTransferees then complete and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To transfer to Wiltshire Police, you will need to:
- Be transferring from a Home Office police force (including British Transport Police, Police Service of Northern Ireland and Police Scotland)
- Have successfully completed the full IPDLP, be PIP2 qualified or hold a valid NIE pass and working towards PIP2
- Have successfully completed your probation period and working as an accredited detective
The transfer process involves an application, interview, medical questionnaire and vetting. Once you have completed this process and accepted our offer, we will contact your existing force for information including pension, salary, service, training and unpaid leave.
We're working hard to increase diversity and inclusion to become representative of the diverse communities we serve. Whatever your background, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation, we welcome you here. We have five active Staff Support Networks and several Peer Support Groups.