RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Senior Policy and Commissioning Manager a fixed term basis to work for a greater London authority on the Criminal Justice Team.
You will be responsible for the commissioning services to achieve priorities within the Police and Crime Plan.
The main purpose of the role is to support the development of a commissioning strategy and be involved in all aspects of the commissioning cycle to achieve best value for money.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Service to contribute and deliver the Greater London Authorities commissioning strategy.
- To be involved in all aspects of the commissioning cycle to ensure effectiveness and value for money is achieved.
- Work across teams and directorates to ensure commissioned services meet organisational needs, relevant due diligence checks have been undertaken and reporting and quality measures are in place.
- Lead and performance manage an operational team, develop policy issues. Areas include, but not limited to:
- Gangs and youth violence
- Violence against women and girls, including a pan-London domestic violence service and support for London’s four Rape Crisis Centres
- Building efficiency and effectiveness within the Criminal Justice system
- Young People services
- Services for Victims
- Build effective partnerships with local authorities, the MET, charities and other crime reduction organisations across London to deliver the Greater London Authorities priorities.
- Ensure the team is informed on key national policy issues in relation to criminal justice, policing and community safety, advising the senior of Policing and Crime as appropriate
- Contribute to agreed interventions in support of partnerships.
- Contribute to the oversight of critical community issues, e.g. stop and search and hate crime
- Ensure effective custody oversight and identify areas for improvement by the MPS and Greater London Authority
- Contribute to the leadership and effective management of the organisation and the development of a delivery culture which enables the organisation to improve, innovate and effectively deliver.
- Extensive experience of commissioning services in a public sector setting and a thorough understanding of the whole commissioning process.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, build relationships, influence and negotiate with prospective provider’s stakeholders and partners.
- Committed to quality outcomes and value for money for commissioned and operational services.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and deliver the priorities at pace.
- Significant experience of managing high performing teams to deliver outcomes and maintain service delivery.
- Managing a quality service - Define and integrate clear structures, policies, systems and resources to promote efficient service delivery.
- Ability to work across teams and directorates to deliver the required priorities.
NPPV vetting is a minimum requirement for this role, you will need it in order this to be considered.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £100 for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer