At A Glance
Job Reference: J16284
Location: Kirklees, Calderdale and Bradford
Role/Type: Contract/Full Time
Required Skills/Qualifications: PIP2 trained
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Investigative Officers to work on a temporary contract based in Kirklees, Calderdale and Bradford. The Investigative Officers will required to undertake directed enquiries and provide support in relation to serious and major crime investigations.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Conduct interviews with suspects, witnesses and victims using PEACE/PACE interview methods and provide accurate written statements for court proceedings.
- To perform the role of exhibits officer as required, ensuring integrity, safe storage and recording of all exhibits relating to investigation utilising the appropriate system.
- To act as a victim and witness liaison officer providing support to victims and assisting to obtain forensic samples in a form suitable for court proceedings.
- Initial Investigation; to conduct a primary investigation as required and to act as the Investigative Officer in the allocated case.
- Secondary Investigation; to undertake directed enquiries as generated in accordance with senior investigation officer’s policy, including the management, retrieval and analysis of CCTV, electronic data and digital evidence.
- To prepare aspects of prosecution case files, including any Disclosure elements, in relation to serious crimes as directed utilising documentary control systems and obtain any outstanding evidence as required in order to assist in the initial preparation of a full file to the satisfaction of the prosecuting council.
- To undertake evidential enquiries as directed, or refer to a supervisor with responsibility for the case and reply to those enquiries within agreed time-scales.
- Attend meetings, such as case conferences, strategy meetings, legal planning meetings, court attendance and multi-agency panels, with partners and other professionals to progress investigations and ensure information is appropriately shared in order for partners to understand the Force’s position and to enable them to ensure vulnerable victims are better protected.
- Must be PIP Level 2 accredited
For further information, or to apply, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer