At A Glance
Job Reference: J15554
Role/Type: Contract/Full Time/Part Time
Required Skills/Qualifications: N/A
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement talent markets.
RSR Police is currently recruiting for a Crime Scene Investigator to work on a temporary contract based in Guildford. The CSI will be required to carry out the scientific investigation of crime scenes, police related incidents and any other examination as required to deliver a professional service in line with public expectations and the forces guidelines.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Conduct thorough and structured examinations at the scenes of Volume, Serious and Major Crime.
- Responsible for making decisions at each crime scene to decide the extent of the examination required.
- Responsible for making decisions around what evidence could and should be recovered.
- Decide whether further examination could be accomplished by other specialists and what submissions should be made to Forensic Service providers.
- Responsible for managing crime series and assist with crime scene management duties.
- Manage the expectations of Investigating Officers around forensic strategy and the cost implications associated.
- Recover, secure and accurately record items and exhibits from the crime scenes and other police related incidents.
- Handles valuable and hazardous material such as cash, personal possessions, firearms explosives and chemical items.
- Attend post mortem examinations to recover forensic evidence and provide specialist advice.
- Update computerised systems with details of examinations, forensic intelligence and statistical data.
- Provide information and forensic intelligence to investigating officers and departments.
- Provide advice and guidance to investigating officers concerning laboratory submission processes to ensure that acceptable standards are maintained.
- Provide expert guidance to and mentor Crime Scene Services staff.
- Provide statements of evidence for use in court proceedings and, attend court to give evidence.
- Use advanced photographic and digital video skills to create visual records of crime scenes.
- Required to have proven and substantial recent evidence and experience of competent performance in crime scene management.
- Qualified to attend an advanced level crime scene investigation course accredited by NPIA - for example the Development course, Force equivalent course or equivalent course developed by the recognised National training agency
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills together with a sound knowledge of cost implications of crime scene management.
- To participate equitably in an on call rota.
- To have full, clean driving licence.
Location - Base at Guildford, but travel will be required across Surrey and potentially Sussex
Duration - Initial 4 month contract, likely to be extended
Hours - Full time or part time hours – Shift basis
For further information, or to apply, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 119 3377
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.