Chief Constable, Wiltshire Police
£142,689 per annum
I am inviting applications for the post of Chief Constable of Wiltshire Police, based at Police Headquarters in Devizes.
The appointment will be for a fixed period of three years and may be extended by mutual agreement.
I am happy to discuss whether you would need to move to live in Wiltshire to do the job effectively.
You must have:
- held the rank of ACC/Commander or a more senior rank in a UK Police Force (or have held one of the designated roles if appointed from overseas).
- You must have successfully completed the Senior Police National Assessment Centre (PNAC) and the Strategic Command Course (SCC).
I am looking for a Chief Constable who can:
ensure the delivery of my Police and Crime Plan, and in particular:
- Build confidence in local communities that the criminal justice system is working for them
- Provide strong and consistent leadership
- Inspire our officers, staff and volunteers to improve service delivery and organisational performance
- Take command in critical and ambiguous situations
- Work effectively with a wide range of partners to keep the people of Wiltshire and Swindon safe
Further information is provided in an information pack that has been prepared for applicants, including details about how to apply. You can get this pack from the Police and Crime Commissioners website, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the OPCC Chief Executive: Police Headquarters, London Road, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 2DN.
Closing date for applications: is 5pm on Monday 29 October 2018.
Interviews will be held on: Monday 26 November 2018.
A confirmation hearing of Wiltshire Policeand Crime Panel has been convened for Friday 30 November 2018