At A Glance
Job Reference: SC-POJ-180913-02
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Role/Type: Contract/Full Time
Required Skills/Qualifications: N/A
RSR Police are currently recruiting for an Assistant Investigator (AI) for a specialised Public Protection team based in Welwyn Garden City.
The AI’s main responsibilities to conduct enquiries as directed by the senior investigating or deputy senior investigating officer or appropriate line manager. Such enquiries will involve researching, gathering and obtaining evidence and intelligence by various means including interviewing witnesses and suspects and taking statements from them. To provide administrative support to enable the efficient provision of service.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the collection of all relevant documentation, information or data that is required by the investigation to form an overall picture of the circumstances including the preparation or upgrade of files to designated standards.
- Accurately gather information, working closely and communicating with all levels of the Constabulary, other Police Forces and external organisations, analysing and interpreting data and bringing any new evidence or intelligence in the enquiry to the notice of an appropriate line manager
- Interview suspects (alone or with colleagues) including using inferences, ensuring at all times the correct treatment of the detained individual.
- Carry out interviews with witnesses and victims where appropriate and obtain their statements.
- Undertake searches of premises of arrested or detained individuals and where appropriate seize and take control of items for further investigation.
For further information, or to apply, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 119 3392
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.