Compliance and Security Officer
Waves Car Wash Limited/Waves Consultancy Limited supplies hand car wash and valeting services to supermarkets, property owners, retailers and car park operators across the UK. Waves is a privately owned company with around 280 franchised sites operating in the UK. Waves' very experienced management team has developed a brand, service and specialist equipment that provides a highly professional level of service. Waves work hard to consistently deliver the highest levels of customer service, compliance and marketing.
In 2011, Waves became the sole supplier to Tesco for their hand car wash portfolio in the UK and is responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of all hand car wash sites.
The car wash industry is recognised as one of the highest risk sectors for labour abuse and modern slavery. Waves is committed to preventing all forms of labour exploitation (including national minimum wage underpayment) and modern slavery and this role will form a central part of our strategy prevention and implementation.
Waves is about to undergo a period of further expansion and the creation and importance of this role reflects our sustained commitment to delivering an ethical service for our customers, clients and – most importantly – those workers providing the car wash services.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a Compliance and Security Officer to support the business with compliance and security issues. This role is to investigate non-compliance across the franchise network of car wash sites throughout the UK. The role is also to provide security support where needed.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role sits within the Operations team and will report into the Operations Director who has overall responsibility for compliance within the franchise network. The main focus of this role will be to investigate and manage the more complex non-compliance cases and provide security support. This role will work closely with the Regional Managers supporting and advising them where necessary. The position will work with relevant partner agencies.
- Take responsibility for running enforcement meetings and supporting on site with terminations etc. using external support where necessary
- Manage a case load of non-compliance issues, being the team support for more complex / challenging / serious compliance cases
- Ensure noncompliance issues are investigated and recommendations submitted with the utmost urgency and importance
- Act as the business compliance expert and provide advice and assistance to Regional Managers
- Being readily available to provide security assistance
- Carry out other internal/external investigations as and when required
- Gain and share intelligence on sentiments / actions within franchise network
- Close sites / suspend trading / remove franchisees
- Work with external security consultants and client security teams as necessary
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as required i.e. confidential internal investigations
- Developing and fostering relationships with government agencies to facilitate proactive contact and support
- To respond to and investigate any queries or concerns raised through Waves’ confidential worker protection line/system notifications/law enforcement requests etc.
- Use tools, technology and intelligence gathering to identify workers at risk of employment exploitation / modern slavery and manage through enforcement/retraining etc.
Key Attributes and experience:
- A confident communicator who has experience of communicating at different levels within an organisation
- Practiced Investigator
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Good Microsoft Office skills with proficient general administration skills
- A positive approach to achieving, taking ownership and responsibility
- Experience of working in Policing preferably within organised crime
- Flexibility – the applicant needs to be a flexible team player who is able to travel throughout the UK possibly to include overnight stays Ideally have experience in people management
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to undertake tasks and investigations and resolve issues
- Experience in compliance and/or car wash industry would be preferred Able to work under pressure
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of successfully building relationships
- Discretion and ability to work independently are very important
Location: The role will require time at the London Head Office Wandsworth, SW6 (approx. 20 minutes’ walk from Clapham Junction), time with clients and government contacts, with a large proportion of time spent in the field.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £45,000.00-£50,000.00 dependent upon experience
Holidays: 22 days per year + Birthday + statutory holidays
Transport: Company car
Contact: For further information please email Nicky Ellingford (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Please send your CV to Nicky Ellingford (HR Manager) at email@example.com