At A Glance
Job Reference: LS-POJ-180809-01
Role/Type: Contract/Full Time
Required Skills/Qualifications: N/A
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement Agencies.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Domestic Abuse Investigative Support Officer for our Public Sector Client.
This is a temporary contract position, likely to be extended, based in the Barnstaple area. The pay rate is either £17.59 per hour PAYE or £22.28 per hour Umbrella.
- To provide care, support and advice to victims of domestic abuse, so that prosecutions are supported and further offences reduced. To provide support to Investigators and undertake enquiries as required.
- Review all cases of reported Domestic Abuse and ensure that the appropriate level of advice and support is given to victims and their children.
- Signpost victims to other agencies where appropriate.
- Work closely with other agencies to enhance the support services offered to victims and their children.
- Provide MARAC case presentations and complete appropriate actions.
- Undertake investigative actions such as statement taking and evidence gathering
- Attend any appropriate Multi-Agency meetings.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work in a multi-agency environment
- A thorough understanding of the Magistrates and Crown Court case progression processes
- A detailed knowledge of the investigative process.
- An appreciation of the challenges and complexities of dealing with Domestic Abuse Victims
- A basic understanding of Civil Orders available to Domestic cases
- An understanding of the links between Child Protection, Dangerous Offenders and Domestic Abuse.
This role is subject to vetting checks
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com or call 02031193325.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.