At A Glance
Job Reference: J14722
Role/Type: Contract/Full Time
Required Skills/Qualifications: PIP 1 or 2 accredited or equivalent, ABE , Child Abuse, Safeguarding
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Crime Investigator to work with the Safeguarding Investigations team. The candidates will work as investigators with the Safeguarding Investigations and will assist with enquiries in relation to the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Recording criminal offences in line with national rules and guidance.
- To prepare for and undertake formal investigative interviews of suspects under caution, in compliance with the provisions of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, preparing and delivering relevant disclosure material during the process as necessary and required.
- Interviewing and processing suspects in custody and conducting related investigative enquiries.
- Setting direction and investigating recorded crimes and incidents by gathering evidence within the agreed investigative timeframe, analysing and evaluating the information.
- To support major crime investigations where required
- Identifying and conducting further enquiries, taking statements and working outside of the custody centre/police station where necessary.
- Preparing evidential files for court and liaising with the Crown Prosecution Service including the gathering and assessment of unused material in compliance with Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.
- To develop and foster new relationships with partner agencies and external service providers, negotiating and influencing information exchange, disclosure, joint investigations and the provision of requested services.
- To represent the force at multi agency strategy discussions and case conferences, contributing to safeguarding plans for vulnerable children and adults where appropriate
- To undertake training for other specialist functions as required by the team.
- Undertaking other investigative duties as directed by Supervisors and Managers that are appropriate to the grade and character of the work including the specific duties of similar or lesser graded posts.
- PIP1 or PIP2 qualified
- Experienced within Safeguarding Unit
- ABE interviewer
- PEACE trained
Subject to vetting
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com or call 02031193377.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
ABE interviewer, PIP1, PIP2, PEACE, FLO, SOLO, CSE,